Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ask Baba Yaga: How Do I Form Female Bonds?

Maiden, Mother, Crone by Cate Simmons aka  SteeringForNorth (Baba Yaga, Rapunzel? & Little Red Riding Hood)

I thought I'd post a maiden, mother, crone pic today since it's Mother's Day. (Happy Mother's Day mamas!)

Female familial (and other) relationships can be so complicated it seems - a theme that's explored a lot in fairy tales via extremes (you can see a board I put together HERE of Motherhood in fairy tales - Frau Holle has her own board, as does Baba Yaga, of course). Despite how independent we can be, there comes a time when you realize, hey - it'd be GREAT to have a girl to talk to right now! But how do you get back into that groove when you've been swimming your own way for so long?

Today's timely question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

Oh my goodness - ravenous wounds! What a great description. I have to say, my dearest friends are those who stand beside me and not opposite me as we go through things. So: no more wound stingers!

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment