Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ask Baba Yaga: What Do People See In My Boredom?

by Alice Dieudonne
Hm. Being bored is one of the problems I don't usually have... unless I'm being forced to sit in a place I don't want to be for a long time, so maybe I can find a useful nugget in this one too.

Today's timely question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)


Oof. Well that's a wake-up call. I'm going to give that some serious consideration next time I stuck in a chair at some meeting or other. I do not like the idea of stagnating, brain-rot, zombie-fication... not even a little bit!

I'm also beginning to think my 'random illustration choice' for the day isn't so random. I put it in the post before I read the letter... 

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment